114 Series Tube Expanders
The Powermaster 114 Series are
equipped with 4 expanding rolls and 2 flaring rollers.
These tube expanders have overlapping rolls which avoid ridging. The tube expander expands and flares in one operation and they are ideal for fire tube,
water tube boilers, economizers and air heaters. This tooling is produced under the strictest conditions to produce world class quality for long life.
Features of the 114 Series
- Overlapping rolls prevent ridging of the tube.
- Can be converted for parallel expansion use.
- Self contained rolls in cage.
- Compact design for use through small hand holes, headers etc.
- 2.0" OD to 4.1.2" OD Tube.
- 4 BWG down to 13 BWG.
- 1/2" to 2.5/8" Tubesheet Thickness.
How to find out what the finished ID should be after rolling a tube before carrying out a pullout test.
Even if you are not carrying out pullout tests you should know the finished ID of the rolled tubes so this can be checked as the rolling of the tubes proceed.
1.250"OD x 0.105" wall thickness
Recommended expansion 0.009"
Tube Sheet Hole 1.260"
1. Tube ID before Expansion 1.040"
2. Recommended expansion 0.009"
3. Difference between Tube OD
and Tube Sheet Bore Hole 0.010"
Finished ID (Add1,2,and 3) 1.059"